1) Abstinence on all the Fridays of Lent, and on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
· No meat may be eaten on days of abstinence.
· Catholics 14 years and older are bound to abstain from meat. Invalids, pregnant and nursing mothers are exempt.
2) Fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
· Fasting means having only one full meal to maintain one's strength. Two smaller, meatless and penitential meals are permitted according to one's needs, but they should not together equal the one full meal. Eating solid foods between meals is not permitted.
· Catholics from age 18 - 59 are bound to fast. Again, invalids, pregnant + nursing mothers are exempt.